Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Brown Sugar Cookie Dough Cupcakes






So I stole this idea from Lovin from the Oven . However, I tried the brown sugar cupcake recipe she posted, and I was not satisfied. The cupcakes turned out a really weird texture, really crystally and they were more muffin like. They also didn't tend to rise much. I tried to alter the recipe and add more stuff to it and continue to bake the rest of the batter, but it wasn't working. The cupcakes weren't terrible - but, just not what I wanted. So I tried a different recipe which turned out amazing! They were soooo moist and rose beautifully. They were a perfect texture. 

Frozen cookie dough was placed in the center of the cupcakes (the dough was suppose to be frozen, which would not allow the cookie to bake all of the way, however they still tended to bake thoroughly). Eventhough the cookie dough baked completely and somewhat just blended in with the cake batter, these still turned out delicious! They tasted so good without the icing, they'd make a good breakfast.

But at last, I topped them with Cookie Dough flavored icing!  Now I must find people to give them to. . . . so I'm not tempted to eat them.

I'll post the brown sugar cupcake recipe soon. For it is definitely a recipe I want to continue to use! Soooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment