Saturday, March 19, 2011

NEW THINGS to experiment with! Thanks to an inspiring lady from Brooklyn!

Anita from Electric Blue Baking Company sent me some awesome ingredients and a lovely postcard. I have mentioned her in the past and it seems she is growing and growing in the food business. Her accomplishments/unique creations continue to inspire me every day. I appreciate her opening up to me and taking time to email me occasionally and sending me ingredients that are very informative and great for me! (Thank you sooo much! You are such a beautiful lady. Someday down the road I hope we meet!) She compacted all these goods in a recycled granola box! SMART LADY :)  I am so excited to experiment. The ingredients - Green Tea (Matcha Powder), Azuki Beans, Sweet Rice Flour and Yuzu Salt. I have been wanting to make green tea cake for quite awhile but haven't been able to find the powder. Anita mentioned Mochi and using it as a fondant alternative. And Azuki (adzuki) beans are used in many Japanese desserts. Researching a bit, it is boiled and made into a paste and often sweetened and just used as a filling in pastries. Some GREAT ingredients to be informed of. Can't wait to experiment and learn more!! These ingredients will also be good options for vegan and staying away from corn products.

No comments:

Post a Comment