Monday, July 30, 2012

New Directions


So about a year ago already, I quit my design job and decided to take the plunge into baking as a career. My following post I mentioned a life changing event and what did it make me do? Shoot to really LIVE and accomplish everything I want to in life. It made me tell myself what I was here to do. 

And as I started up at a new local business as head baker full of much passion and many ideas, I found out it wasn't all going to be easy and often things don't work out as planned, and its important to find the right environment. I've moved around a bit, but I keep learning from each experience and I keep pushing to learn more, achieve more, and live/bake/design steadily. So now I am on to a new adventure at a wonderful local business with great, fresh food, good company - As the main baker creating every day cakes and other pastries. I am helping the owner create amazing large cakes for all occasions including weddings, birthdays, baptisms, graduation, etcetera. She is wonderful with fondant and I am happy to be in a creative environment. I enjoy such an environment that I can have my own creative uniqueness and develop cakes the way I like to. I look forward to keep growing and sharing with you. Thank you :)

As sometimes I find things difficult and stressful while not taking the easy route and following something a bit different, this is interesting:


“Are you looking for a safe and stable position today? One that
is secure, predictable, and nonthreatening? Then maybe you’re
missing the best opportunities. I truly believe that if defeat or
failure is not possible, then winning will not be very sweet.”
Dan Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment