Friday, December 25, 2009

What is Xanthan & Guar Gum & why are they gluten food replacements...

After realizing that Xanthan Gum and Guar Gum are ingredients in a lot of allergy friendly and gluten free goods, I wondered .. what exactly is this ingredient? I've found it being used for many recipes and also in gluten free bread, and Cherrybrook Kitchen (pancake, brownie, cookie) mixes..
I started wondering what exactly it was because products that seem to have a lot of it.. I have felt like it is really weird for my body to digest. Especially Cherrybrook Kitchen pancakes in which I have tried. Not really sure.. Maybe it's not even this ingredient bothering me and more all of the starches being used?? But this article is a bit interesting and explains what the ingredients are, What is Xanthan & Guar Gum & Why are they Gluten Food Replacements? .

No comments:

Post a Comment