Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (Egg Free)

My third take on the perfect egg free chocolate chip cookie recipe. These turned out very very good! I messed around with the same chocolate chip recipe, this time melting the butter and sugar together, in order to dissolve the turbinado sugar. I also altered the rest of the recipe quite a bit. Well, actually I suppose this is a completely different recipe. I used turbinado sugar, but didn't use any brown rice syrup. I'll have to experiment with brown rice syrup more, but for now... these are AMAZING Egg Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. Super soft and chewy. And they look lovely. I gradually added things while making the dough, hopefully I remember correctly the measurements of ingredients for the next time I make these. Because I will DEFINITELY make these again. 

My first test batch of these cookies ended up with the bottom of the cookie way too hard and crispy, and the top was left TOO soft/chewy and doughy. So I added a bit more flour and then tried to bake them on the next rack up. They turned out perfect! When these cookies are still somewhat warm, they seem oddly doughy yet, but once they cool and sit for an hour or so, they set very well and are great. Very very soft though. They kind of melt in your mouth... but it's a good thing. I used large real milk chocolate, all natural Guittard Chocolate Chips. YUUUUM! 
I'm going to bake some more and try to take some better pictures soon, so you can see the soft chewyness of the inside of the cookie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment