Friday, February 5, 2010

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies


So these didn't turn out well. They don't have a terrible appearance at least. However, I need to continue to experiment and alter this recipe. I think I may know how to make it work better. I used just a bit of turbinado sugar and also brown rice syrup. Something I definitely did wrong was not mix the sugar with the wet ingredients. By not doing this, the turbinado sugar was left in the larger crystals.. not allowing them to desolve. You can see and even taste/feel the texture of the sugar crystals. My cookies also turned out very hard. I'm thinking adding applesauce to the recipe may help add moisture and soft/chewyness. Also, it is said that Turbinado sugar is more moist than regular sugar, therefor if it was better desolved into the batter, maybe it would make the cookie more moist. I'm also not sure about the brown rice syrup flavor. Definitely need to experiment more. However, ONE of my friends said he actually thought this cookie was "solid" and said he prefered his cookies on the harder side and thought they were great.. He was very serious. But neither I or others agree.

However, the ingredients I used were very similar to that of my favorite store bought chocolate chip cookies by Back to Nature (Yeah I know! But they are sooo good! and HFC free, and all natural. And easy to satisfy my cravings while I continue to be frustrated and experiment with my own baked goods that I can eat). Anyway, these packaged cookies are made with brown rice syrup as a sweetener and they are perfect. I will continue to experiment.. I think I might try some altering right away tomorrow! We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment