Monday, November 16, 2009

Hospital Foods/A change

So I recently moved. In hopes to make a change in my life. However.. I didn't move far. I'm still in the same town. I quit my design job that I was gaining a bit of experience at (but it just wasn't paying enough for living expenses). It just wasn't the right place for me for many reasons. I quit and am now working in the cafeteria at the Hospital.

I thought it would maybe be a bit interesting.. my boss went to the Culinary School I've been wanting to go too and I thought maybe it would help me a bit with my allergy issues. Because hey, hospitals deal with individuals with allergy issues all the time. However, I just work in the cafeteria and mainly serve doctors. It isn't bad though. And I get to hear a bit about dietary information and guests and what they can and can't have. I also thought working here, I could help others and learn more about healthy eating in general. Plus, I'm doing what I need to be doing right now... earning money to pay bills and save. I want to start a small business up .. or eventually go to Brown College and get my culinary certificate.. but .. I need to save up some money. SO, I must enjoy myself in the meantime.

I've been so busy with moving and working at my new job full time though, I haven't been doing as much baking, experimenting, researching as I'd like. But I realize - I need to really focus on just saving up money right now.. and in the meantime bake whenever possible! I have to .. in order to stay happy.
I have hardly baked in the past month and have been a bit down.. and suddenly I'm back into the desire again and loving the days.

Anyway, although I feel like my job takes up so much of my time and I wish I had more time to work on more projects and learning more about pastry... while i just stand in the cafeteria, I do get to think for 9 hours a day and jot down random thoughts on baking and design and... boys?  I leave every day of work with my pockets FULL of several little pieces of paper full of ideas, sketches, lists of things to do and what to research. And other employees find it weird when I randomly look at different boxes and say they'd make good templates (for baked good packaging)! But also, the job is a bit of an eye opener and re-informs me of what I believe in, and also I am working and earning money to get myself in order and slowly make a change to get to where I want to be.

Someday I want to read grammar books or take more classes.. I feel like my grammar is slowly deteriorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment