Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Egg Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

So I've been craving banana bread and wanting to make banana bread for several weeks now, but kept putting it off. I finally made some with my over ripe bananas. I made some normal banana bread with egg, and an alternative loaf that was eggless. The 3 bananas in the recipe took the consistency of the egg and helped bind everything together, along with a half cup of applesauce. With the 3 bananas, this bread really didn't even need any egg. A bit of baking soda helped the bread leaven a little and add tenderness. This banana bread actually turned out quite well and I've been eating it away. I think I will try altering the recipe a bit though to make it even better! It was very moist, maybe a bit too moist... and possible a bit of baking powder would help give a better consistency and make it rise to a better visually pleasing loaf. I could mess around with a few other ingredients.. but it was the perfect flavor really.

Yummy yummy baked good that even I can eat! Great treat for breakfast or snack ... also fulfilling my constant craving for chocolate. And even a bit healthy? Soooo good! I think I will take some for a snack at work this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment